It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm baaaaaack!

Things are going really well in our lives. Suddenly, I feel like blogging again. So here I am!

Updates:

Older brother has been diagnosed with surface dyslexia/learning disability. He's working really hard and doing well. We're finally getting supports in the classroom. His teacher, amazingly enough, has an adult child with very similar issues. He's been so supportive.

Patrick is in Grade 2. I love his teacher. He has almost full time EA support shared with another child. Shared because, aparently, he no long qualifies for much support on his own. Which is great, but I do keep reminding them that his support needs will fluctuate and, being autistic, he will most likely always requre *some* support from them. They understand that and that's why they've purposely put him in the class with this other child...so that there's an EA in the room most of the day. And that's often all he needs. Another body available to help him sort things out, redirect him, help with some school work, or take him on his sensory breaks.

Older brother is going skiing tonight for the first time ever. We're quite active as a family but none of us ski. It's a program offered through the school (volunarily run by two teachers) and he was so excited to take part. Which is awesome because he's always been quite shy and not the 'try new things and take a chance' type of kid (you know, like his brother, ugh, I hate comparing but there it is).

My husband still travels a bit for work but not nearly as much as before. It's nice having him home every week.

Me, I'm sitting here with a nice cup of hot chocolate enjoying my day. Must get some cleaning done.

I'm hoping to blog almost every day. So come on by and say hello. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Niksmom said...

Welcome back! :-) Mmmm, hot chocolate sounds really good right now.

Tue Jan 19, 12:05:00 PM 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jan 19, 06:09:00 PM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home