It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Anxiety

Not his, mine.

I don't know why I'm anxious about the start of a new school year. When I ask him if he's ready to go back to school he replies with a resounding "Yeah" and when I ask him how he feels he says "excited". So he's not overly anxious (that I can tell anyway).

Gr 1 was a fabulous year for us. So much growth. There's nothing to suggest that Gr 2 will be any different. I mean, I'm sure there will be bumps along the way but that's to be expected, right? And we'll deal with them just as we did last year...one at a time.

I guess I'm hoping that by putting it down in print and getting it out here that my anxiety will fade a little bit. Well, that and I may send a tiny email to the principal to make sure everyone's ready for him next week.

10 Comments:

Blogger Niksmom said...

I think your anxiety is completely normal. Sending wishes for a peaceful, easy transition back to school. :-)

Sun Aug 23, 08:16:00 AM 2009  
Blogger BlogDesires said...

Agreed, the anxiety is extremely normal. Don't be to hard on yourself. Just remember the saying and say it to yourself... "I got this." You've made it do far... you do a good job... good luck and continue being you through all teh transitions!

Thu Sep 24, 09:31:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Casdok said...

Hope the new school year got off to a good start for both of you.

Sun Sep 27, 11:55:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Marla said...

Anxiety. Ugh. We have lots of that here. Lately it is more me than M though. Sounds like you and me could use some stress reduction. Breathe!

Wed Oct 21, 05:34:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I congratulate, it seems magnificent idea to me is

Fri Dec 11, 03:21:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Dec 26, 10:33:00 AM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Dec 26, 02:27:00 PM 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sat Jan 02, 05:14:00 AM 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Fri Jan 08, 08:42:00 AM 2010  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jan 19, 06:48:00 AM 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home