It's All Okay

Just a mom blogging about life with an autistic child.

Name:
Location: Canada

I'm a stay at home mom with two boys. Patrick is my youngest and has ASD.

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Sadness

Not a long post. I was sad today because a boy wouldn't hold Patrick's hand when they were supposed to form a circle. He doesn't know Patrick is autistic but he obviously knows he's different. The kid is a bit of a brat, and quite immature for his age (he's a couple years older than Patrick), so it isn't unexpected but...it did make me sad because I imagine that sort of thing will happen with increasing frequency.

Note: I also know the dad of this child and let's just say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ok, that was a totally mean post but it did make me feel a teeny bit better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home